When you choose to go organic, you are making a choice to protect the environment as well as your family when you grow your own food. The health benefits of organic gardening are many and by going organic, you will know that you are the healthiest food for your family. Even if you don’t plan to use 100% organic methods in your garden, learning about the organic alternatives helps you become a better gardener.
Note that although this ebook is focused primarily on vegetable gardens, the same concepts can be applied to all types of gardens. Going organic is important not only to our body’s health but also to the health of our planet and its ecosystem.
This 44 page ebook explores the following topics:
- Chapter 1. Introduction
- Chapter 2. Why Garden Organically?
- Chapter 3. The Risk of Chemicals
- Chapter 4. What Is Organic Gardening?
- Chapter 5. Planning Your Garden
- Chapter 6. Getting the Soil Ready
- Chapter 7. Planting Your Garden
- Chapter 8. Starting Seeds Indoors
- Chapter 9. Controlling Those Weeds
- Chapter 10. Controlling Pests
- Chapter 11. Sprays and Powders
- Chapter 12. Animals and Bugs
- Chapter 13. Common Garden Pests
- Chapter 14. Making Your Own Compost
- Chapter 15. Tending the Garden
- Chapter 16. Wintering Your Garden
- Chapter 17. Recipes For Your Garden
- Chapter 18. Conclusion